Friday, May 27, 2016

Device is not showing in Android Studio

If the Device is not showing in Android studio, do the following steps
  • Go to Device Manager and check for the device, it should be a yellow warning icon against your device driver
  • Now go to Android studio -> Tools -> SDK Manager -> Android SDK -> Select SDK Tools tab -> Install the Google USB Driver
  • Once the driver is installed, in explorer under C drive search for android_winusb.inf. It should be in a folder like C:\Android\sdk\extras\google\usb_driver. Depends on your installation directory.
  • But copy the directory from here
  • Go to your device manager, and go to the driver against your device, right click and select update driver software, then select Browse My computer for drivers (2nd option), then put the directory you have copied, click next.
  • It will update ypur driver and meanwhile, you will get ope pop up in your device to allow debug access from your computer.
  • Select yes and Ok
Your are done now.
Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Bishnu Prasad Choudhury,
    I have read your post on "Device is not showing in Android Studio", It is really very helpful for me. I am working in Vancouver pr company and I got some work regarding android studio, I got confused that why my device is not showing android studio and i was searching it on google and then i found your post on it. My all confusion is gone now. I am very thankful for your post.
    Best regards
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great post, Thank you for sharing this knowledge. Excellently written article, if only all bloggers offered the same level of content as you, the internet would be a much better place. Please keep it up. And keep posting.
    Best regards
    Eric Stalker
    Moscow mule cups

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon! I would love to hear from you, keep sharing wonderful information with us. Thanks for sharing informative information with us.
    Best regards
    tree service erie pa

    ReplyDelete